Follow These Helpful Tips
Please do not rely on your GPS system to find us. Instead use the directions listed below.
From Brevard, NC or Greenville, SC
- Travel on Highway 276 to the community of Cedar Mountain.
- Beside Cedar Mountain Cafe on the eastern side of 276, turn left onto Cascade Lake Road.
- Go 50 yards, then turn right onto Reasonover Road.
- Go 4 miles. At the end of the pavement, bear right onto Green River Road.
- Go 3/10 of a mile to the Preserve entrance on your left.
From Hendersonville, NC or Spartanburg, SC
- Travel to Tuxedo via Interstate 26 and Highway 25.
- Take the Green River Road exit (exit #3) off of Highway 25.
- Turn west (away from Tuxedo). Go 10 miles.
- The Preserve entrance will be on your right.
Caution: The last 4 miles are on a bumpy, unpaved road. Most passenger cars will be fine, but go slowly and watch for potholes and wildlife.
Although not required, we strongly recommend one-way traffic from east to west to increase safety and decrease stress along our gravel road.
- From I-26, take Exit 40 for the Asheville Regional Airport. Head west towards Brevard, NC, on NC-280 W. Go approximately 15.3 miles.
- At the Wal-Mart intersection, turn left onto US-64 E (Hendersonville Hwy.)
- Go 3.7 miles to Crab Creek Road. There is a Marathon gas station/convenience store at this corner.
- Turn right onto Crab Creek Road. Drive 4.3 miles to Dupont Road.
- Turn right onto Dupont Road (follow signs for Dupont State Forest). Dupont Road becomes Staton Road.
- Continue on this road until it dead-ends into Cascade Lake Road.
- Turn left onto Cascade Lake Road. Go 2.4 miles
- Turn left onto Reasonover Road (right before Cedar Mountain Fire Station).
- Go 4 miles. At the end of the pavement, bear right onto Green River Road. Go 1/4 mile on the gravel, then take the second driveway on the left. There will be a sign for GRP that says “Opening and Closing Day Entrance.” (There is a big parking lot to turn the bus around.)
Reminder: DO NOT FOLLOW YOUR GPS. IT WILL BE WRONG AND YOU WILL LOSE CELL SERVICE ON DUPONT ROAD.
DIRECTIONS FOR K.A.L.E. TO THE GREEN RIVER PRESERVE FARM
Farm address: 6371 Green River Road, Zirconia, NC 28790
- From I-26, take Hwy 25 South toward Greenville.
- Take Exit 3, Green River Road, and turn right going west toward DuPont State Forest.
- The farm is 6 miles down Green River Road on the left. It is the last house on the left before the road turns to gravel. The farm house is grey with green shutters.
Travel By Air
Both the Asheville Regional Airport (AVL) and the Greenville-Spartanburg Airport (GSP) are within an hour drive of the Green River Preserve. A camp representative, wearing a Green River Preserve staff shirt, will meet arriving campers. Please make airline reservations well in advance – three months in advance is not premature. Flights should arrive and depart between 9:00 am and 12:00 noon if at all possible. There will be a $50.00 fee for arrivals and departures outside the prescribed times. Please make sure you fill out the Transportation Form in your CampInTouch account at least two weeks before your camper arrives at camp.
Also, if your camper is flying to camp, you may wish to ship his or her trunk to camp. For UPS delivery, use our mailing address: Green River Preserve, 301 Green River Road, Cedar Mountain, North Carolina 28718. Please be sure to have the trunk delivered well in advance of opening day.
Sassy Goose – Bed and Breakfast
5 minutes away from GRP – Cedar Mountain
Crab Creek Bed and Bale
20 minutes away from GRP – in between Hendersonville and Brevard
Key Falls Inn – Bed & Breakfast
35 minutes from GRP – near Brevard
The Waverly Inn – Bed & Breakfast
35 minutes from GRP – downtown Hendersonville
(within walking distance of many restaurants)
Highland Lake Inn – Bed and Breakfast
30 minutes from GRP – Flat Rock
The Lakehouse Lodge & Spa
30 minutes from GRP – Flat Rock
Carolina Cottage Guest House
40 minutes from GRP – Flat Rock
(If you need accommodations for one night before and/or after dropping off your camper, the Carolina Cottage Guest House is offering a one night stay specifically for you.)
Mountain Lodge – Local Hotel 828-692-7772 www.mountaininnlodgeflatrock.com 30 minutes from GRP – Flat Rock
Black Forest Family Camping Resort RV & tent sites, cabins 828-884-2267 www.blackforestcampground.com Minutes away – Cedar Mountain
The Cabins at Seven Foxes 828-877-6333 www.sevenfoxes.com 45 minutes to 1 hour from GRP – Lake Toxaway
Holiday Inn Express – Chain Hotel 877-863-4780 (national) 828-698-8899 (local) 30 minutes from GRP – Flat Rock
Most major chains also have locations in Hendersonville:Days Inn, Hampton Inn, Comfort Inn, Quality Inn, Ramada Limited, Red Roof Inn, and Best Western. Most are approximately 35 minutes from GRP.