Expeditions Dates and RatesRequest Info
GRP Expedition Programs
Rising 7th through 12th+ grades
Expeditions are designed as the “next adventure” for middle and high school students. We welcome both former GRP base campers and new Expeditioners to all of our programs. We have constructed the programs to transition campers through exploratory learning experiences and to build life skills. Blue Ridge, Outer Banks, and our Base Camp Expeditions are the starter blocks of our graduate program. As an Expeditioner ages, we encourage them to challenge themselves on more strenuous trips like our Western and Leadership in Training Expedition. Expeditioners leave our trips with a better sense of themselves and those around them and with an experience that is truly life changing. Please see our Expedition pages for specific trip details and descriptions.
2024 GRP Expedition Programs
Stay Tuned for more Expeditions Dates.
|Blue Ridge 1||12||Sun, June 16 – Thu, June 27||$4100||9-12||Open|
|Blue Ridge 2||16||Tues, July 2 – Wed, July 17||$4600||9-12||Open|
|Blue Ridge 3||12||Sun, July 21 – Thu, Aug 1||$4100||9-12||Open|
|Outer Banks 1||12||Sat, June 22-Wed, July 3||$4400||9-12||Open|
|Outer Banks 2||12||Sun, July 7- Thurs, July 18||$4400||9-12||Open|
Leadership in Training*
|LIT||33||Sun, June 16 - Thu, July 18||$5400||12+||Open|
Base Camp Expeditions*
|Rock & Read||6||Mon June 17 - Sat June 22||$2200||7-10||Open|
|Mountain Biking||6||Mon June 24 - Sat June 29||$2200||7-10||Open|
|Backpacking||6||Mon July 1 - Sat July 6||$2200||7-10||Open|
*Dependent on demand will add more sessions
A Few Reminders about Registration and Enrollment!
- Acceptance will be on a first come-first serve basis as space allows for the session. Expeditions are meant to challenge campers. In order to make sure your camper is up for the challenge, all applicants must complete the “Expeditioner Camper Form” in order for the application to be processed.
- Expedition fees include all living expenses, travel, and instruction. Guardians are responsible for medical expenses incurred during expeditions.
- $1000 deposit is due once your Expeditioner is accepted in order to secure enrollment.
- 50% of the total tuition is due by February 1st. If enrolling after February 1st, 50% of tuition is required in order to secure enrollment.
- The remainder of the balance is due by April 1st.
- Because Expeditions are small and staff, logistics, and trip plans are made well in advance and according to the total numbers, any cancellations for Expeditions after February 1st, will not receive a refund.
- Green River Preserve reserves the right to cancel unpaid applicants whose full tuition is more than 30 days past due, with no refund.
- Sibling Discount: 10% tuition discount for each additional sibling application received during the same summer.